Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015



Kept waking up in pain last night, but I didn’t want to take 2 Norco since I had to take Mags to school early for a field trip.  Got her up at 7 when I realized her alarm hadn’t gone off.  This is something I need to work on with my kids: alarm clocks.  I have utterly failed in teaching my kids independence when it comes to waking at a prescribed time.  The trip to school was ok, but oooohhhhh, the trip back was a revisit to the pharmacy yesterday,  I suddenly tasted a sicken sweetness in my mouth which alerted me to the fact that I’d either need to pull over or get a bin of some sort for a possible re-visiting of…water.  I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday afternoon.  Fortunately, again, focusing on things other than the fact I felt I was going to be sick helped me avoid actually getting sick.  By the time I got home I felt much better and slid into bed.

I was dozing when my sweet boy came into say goodbye.  He was riding off to his internship and I was so excited about what he might learn.  I clutched his hand in mine, told him I love him, and off he went.  So grateful he is doing his internship there.

I slept, off and on, for the next few hours.  My head is hurting and I’m not sure if that’s a result of medication or not.  Actually, my whole body is hurting…and when Swerner called after work to see how I was doing, she suggested setting my alarm to go off every 6 hours so I would know when to take the next pain meds. Brilliant idea. I’ve  only had 5 tablets in 36 hours, which is a under the recommended dosage.   We talked about work a bit.  We are both amazed to be working with individuals who seemingly do a little to nothing, yet are not fired.  I almost said something to one of the ladies the other day – grateful for quick filter installation.  Such a waste of money, but then, welcome to education in America.

It was 3 o’clock and I knew  Ethan should have been home in the last hour – and quite uncharacteristically of me, I kept seeing sheriff deputies in my head, saying, “We’re doing everything we can,” so I called the shop and he was still there… <happy smile>.  I said, ok, that’s all I needed to know and I’d see him when he got home.  Thirty minutes later, he came in and told me about his day – putting bikes together, mending flats, pumping up tires.  It’s not much, yet I’m so thrilled. 

Tried watching Parks & recreation, after 15 minutes I decided to try Orange is the New Black.  Second episode in, but I feel like hell and would rather sleep.   These days aren’t much other than hurting, feeling nauseous, horrible headaches and feeling sorry for myself.    The kitchen isn’t cleaning itself but I hurt too much to clean it, yet the Norco makes me too groggy to accomplish much of anything.  I think I’ll forgo the next dose and see if that makes it any better.  I know it won’t pain-wise, but at least I can think clearly.

Pictures: My view since Saturday morning;  Maggie asked me yesterday if she could have the aboriginal art piece  when I died.  "not to be rude..."  I smiled.  Absolutely, I told her.  It is a cool piece - my ex-mil bought it from indigenous people in Australia.  It's unique because it also shows faces - not often done - instead of designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment