Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29, 2014




I gave my son the simple task of cleaning the kitchen..I thought.  After an hour of next-to-no-noise, I  went in to check. He had taken ALL of the mess on the counter and transferred it to the kitchen table – he was “checking through important stuff”…like the sim cards he had found.  Another hour later, I checked in again – only to see a cleaned counter but the microwave, Kitchen-Aid, coffee machine all in a different spot so he could scrub that counter.  This kid has taking the word “clean” to the extreme.  <smile>  Something I appreciated very much.  


I slept more today than any day I’ve been in bed which, if you’re keeping count, is quite a few.  How my body is resting so much is beyond me, but it has been doing an exceptional job.  I feel I must have slept almost 13 hours straight, plus a few on either end of that 13.  This morning, Ethan was given explicit instructions on what was expected of him in turns of notifying me regarding his plans.  I have faith.

Somehow ~and holy mercy these roads are bumpy as hell ~ I made it directly to the doctor’s office, without have to look anything up.  I have never been here, still I simply turned into all the right areas and made all the right moves.  I guess I kinda know what Teddy Pendergrass felt like now.  As frustrating as this office can be <see later in post>, I love my nurse practitioner.  She is someone I would want to be friends with outside of work.  She checked me out – we’ll do another checkup in 2 weeks, and she also changed my pain medication to Tramadol.  I headed to Walmart, which is humanity’s ground-zero for  self-destruction, but not until I was able to witness a guy about my age drivin’ his mama around and singing at the top of his lungs that “you’re gonna hafta face it, you’re addicted to love” as he almost took out 2 smaller vehicles.  Sometimes, I just want to cry.  Then I realize I just spend 3 years of my life getting a dual master’s degree so I can be around these people all the time.  On purpose.

There was no record of my prescription being called in <shake my head from previous post>, so I went home.  There is no way I’m going to fight it.  At home, I left a message at the doctor’s office and went to sleep.  Soon my sweet boy called and asked if he could hang out with freinds – I said sure and gave him a time to be home…he was home 20 minutes before then.  He finished cleaning the kitchen for me – going to so much detail.  That kid has no idea how much he did for me.  He also insisted on looking for speakers for my car – the one caveat being we put them in together.  Well, duh!  We headed to pick up my medication, then grabbed some real food <well, it was fake, but it was different than soup and yogurt> and brought it home to eat.  We had a wonderful evening discussing Memories of Yesterday <which were helped tremendously by Shari’s CRB CD>  and Dreams of Tomorrow.  I will readily admit to these children and everyone else that I believe I have brainwashed them about Europe, but I really do think it will be the experience of as lifetime and will give them an incredible perspective they cannot get here in El Dorado County.

Home to …my bed.  I received a phone call from Clare  - who is a kindred spirit, I believe.  We talked about many things and it was nice to have a conversation again.  Real (fake) food and conversation make me believe I’ll be better soon.  If only I could stop that my-uterus-is-falling-out-of-my-body feeling, but I guess that’s what antibiotics are for.  Tomorrow I bring my boy back to school.  We were supposed to get caught up on his homework while he was here this week, but I haven’t been able to focus on anything other than the back of my eyelids, so that’ll be this weekend’s fun plans.    He had an exceptional time and has even mentioned volunteering there on weekends.  That is music to my ears.

Pictures:  The canisters from my nurse practitioner's office; Teddy Pendergrass performing "Close the Door", 1978, Sony Music Entertainment; My NP brought me "my results" from Sunday night; A boy and his dog are reunited...after about an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment