Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28, 2015



I tore the sheets off last night – must’ve been a wild night of sleep which exhausted me:  I was pleased to sleep through most of the eighth hour.  Coffee and then a lovely conversation with my Saturday morning friend who showed me, once again, that relationships are difficult, even in the best of circumstances.  The humanness in us evokes arduous circumstances which are not easily reconciled and  I do not miss such times.  



I knew I needed to get some bills paid, yet instead sitting at the table in a “grownup” way, I did it all standing up against a messy counter which has so much stuff on it that I’m surprised I could see the checkbook I was writing in.  This kitchen has so many odds and ends from unfinished tasks – yet another open loophole in my life.  I wanted to get stuff accomplished, so I gathered the things I needed to return and headed out.  First stop was the Home Depot where much of the town had gathered to get those spring plants.  I parked in the back and went in search of that hose for the sink.  First shot – I went in myself and got a hose.  Failed.  Returned it.  Got a second, larger hose.  Failed.  Returned it.  Got a third hose with the help of an employee.  I noticed he had an incredible tape measure and commented on it.  HE GAVE IT  TO ME!  ~hugged him~.  This hose?  Failed.  Returned it.  Guy noticed me back tin aisle 7 again and helped me get another one.  4th times the charm!  Installed hose, tightened the bracket and I was off! Headed to bring Ethan his key for his bike lock and showed L the bus.  I had questions about the auxiliary battery, but L had no clue.  Showed his gf the bus, too.  Off to Auto Zone!


Back at the place where I feel like my bus ventures are supported, the manager came outside with me again to answer questions and test the auxiliary battery.  THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING AND I DISCOVERED I AM REALLY NOT DEAD IN TERMS OF ATTRACTION TO MEN!!! Sorry about shouting that part, but it’s a big fucking deal to me. A very handsome guy in his bike clothes came over to us and asked if he could help with any VW questions as he had extensive knowledge on them and BOY, did he ever.  After 5 minutes, the manager went back inside and this man and I talked for close to an hour – going over that entire bus, crawling underneath, looking everywhere as he explained so much stuff to me I thought my head was exploding and I couldn’t possibly remember all of it.  He showed me the ----(I forget what it’s called) and the ----, how underneath the ----is terrific to have as it makes things much better and the ----- is in good condition.  The ---- should be changed eventual so the oil stops leaking (something about an O ring) and the ----- is really clean, considering.  The way to change out the cable for the auxiliary battery is to ----- and then (with electrical tape) tie it onto the current wire and pull out through.  Seriously – I could go on for another 44 minutes; this is how much he knows.  Somewhere in there, he threw out what street he works off of and then later which road he lives on.  I was starting to get so self-conscious.  At one point he said I had dirt on my face and I laughed (not a husky sexy laugh either, but still) and said I was surprised it wasn’t all over my face.  Then I started wondering if I had something stuck in my teeth, but fortunately I hadn’t eaten lunch yet.   We talked about the engine and I mentioned how excited I was, learning all this stuff. He showed me exactly how to change the fan belt (which hadn’t been done during the tune-up) and how to clean the -----. He told me about the VW meet in the area (July) which I don’t want to miss and about a store in Sacramento.  I asked him for his number for when (not if) I had questions, and he gave it to me, though I think he seemed kind of surprised that I asked.  At one point,  we were under the car in the front as I gazed up at different parts and he told me not to be scared.  Oh, baby, you have no idea how terrified I am,  but my HEART is POUNDING!!!  What an incredible fear to have.  It is so fantastic to feel this again.  We went over the bus and the pain, the rust, the inside.  It was amazing as he is so knowledgeable about VW.  I thanked him for his help; he had taken a great deal of time out of his day to show and explain so many things to me. Then, as he rode off on his Ducati, I saw a second helmet in the back.  Damn it.  There hadn’t been a ring, though this means nothing as I wear a silver band and look at me.  There must be a someone in his life.  I went inside and bought the things he suggested (he is known here) and then headed back home, happier.

Once at home, I wanted to get right to he car, but I needed to walk the pups so we headed downtown.  I worked with then and heel a great deal and several people asked about Annie – the “beagle,”  I simply agree as I am getting so tired of explaining that she isn’t a beagle, has no beagle in her.  What difference does it really make?  She’s my dog.  They did exceptionally well with heeling – I’d drop their leashed and they’d adjust their walk to how quickly or slowly I was going.  At home I set up the halogen work lamp I had purchased last week, but it didn’t work, so OFF (again) to Home Depot to return it.  It makes a statement when an employee there whom I hadn’t even dealt with or spoken to earlier smiled at me and said “back again?”   Yep!  I returned something to Big Lots as well and then headed home.

A very late dinner was prepared and I headed outside to work on the bus.  It was about 9 by now.  I sat down ready to get my hands dirty again when I saw the size of the battery posts.  <Gulp…smile> Guess I’ll have to head back to Auto Zone tomorrow.  <big smile and heart flutter>

Pictures:  The sunset through my prayer flags; Look who I ran into?  Ethan flung him self on my windshield as I sat in the car at his dad's; My bus, sitting in the evening sun; Cloud duvet covers the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment