Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31, 2015



Sleep was pure hell last night.  Serves me right for drinking my strong coffee with lemon (which cured me of one headache, but resulted in another).  My mind, which spins at high speed, anyway, was on pure adrenaline last night and I considered so many things, usually the dark and foreboding ones.  It is always in the Darkness of the Night that those unbearable memories feel comfortable enough to come out and visit me.  I don’t really mind the visits, I just wish their timing was better <we all know I’m all about self-discovery>










I needed to be up early for my date with the mechanic- specifically the alternator.  I showered and headed out at the time suggested by Michael.  When I got there, they were both ready and Mike showed me how the alternator slides on a slot to tighten the belt.  I hung out for a bit as Michael showed me various things – it was high school all over again, except we weren’t located near Schlotsky’s (Where I would go visit Tommy & Gary).  Once I got home…I collapsed.  Not literally, of course, but I was soooo tired from all the night’s previous misery-revisiting, so…in true Spring Break fashion, I laid down for a bit.  Then the phone rang – it was Mike, IT WAS THE ALTERNATOR!!  Happy, happy news!  Not as happy as running our of gas, of course, but still better than other stuff.  He told me about a place in Sacramento called Bug..”formance!  Yes!  I was on my way there when the car died at your shop!”  He told me t call and order the refurbished alternator, which I did.  It should be in from the Bay Area tomorrow or the next day <dying here….>


Still so tired, but happy the bus was diagnosed,  I decided to get started on my mid-term.  I took quite a lot of time with it, looking up references for everything.  Somewhere in there I made myself a badass Tuna sandwich with jalapenos:  this is how excited my life is.  Somewhere in there also, I was contacted by an old AISZ friend who noted that my FB cover page says “You are entering Ilona Munzer,” which is a rad subconscious sexual stamen.  I am impressed with myself as it’s still in there, somewhere.  After all day..well, most of all the day, I was finished with my midterm.  



Twenty minutes later it was time to go get the kids, so I headed down the hill into El Dorado Hills to meet them with their second family.  They had a lot of fun with their friends for the last few days, but I hadn’t seen them in over a week, so it was nice for me.  It’s funny how their attitudes are so different when friends are around, yet within minutes of leaving them, they are my tribe again.  In honor of César Chavez Day, we headed for a Mexican restaurant in Orangevale I had heard a great deal about.  On the topic of Cesar Chavez…what about Dolores Huerta?  Heard of her, anyone??  She co-founded the National Farm Workers Union with César Chavez.  She is still alive and one hell of a woman.  Look her up.


As an unmet promise for Ethan’s birthday, I stopped by Raley’s to grab some dry ice and once at home, the kids did all sorts of fun experiments with it in the kitchen.  I had only purchased a pound of it, so next time I’ll grab much more and we will do even more experiments.  Fun adventures.  Hopefully my alternator arrives tomorrow and we can head out for a a night.  I’m on pins and needles….



Pictures:  This was my view for much of the day - two dogs chasing each other across my bed.  Really;  Our dry ice experiments.  As a side note - I  am always present when my kids do this kind of stuff.  







No comments:

Post a Comment