Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 31, 2015



There was no way in hell I was waking up before I was good and ready.  I awoke at 6: back to sleep; 7: back to sleep; 8: back to sleep.  10:07.  Now we’re talking!  Last night I was thinking about my life and the many paths I have taken…and somehow my thoughts always drifted back to how good my bed feels.  

My kids slept in, too, yet I knew we had some serious homework to get to for scuba next weekend.  Eventually I called Ethan and when I walked back into my room, there he was, sitting in his study area, book and pencil in hand.  Mags was already through the first chapter and stayed in her room.  Ethan and I got busy…sorta.  It is becoming painfully obvious who he takes after <squirrel!> during academic work, but I hope that he continues to persevere and then he’ll get wherever he needs to be.  We didn’t do very well. I have difficulty with the pressure/air volume/density section.  I hope I won’t constantly be having to do math in my head otherwise I’m screwed.  Eventually I stopped around chapter 2 and Ethan made it through chapter 1.  He is staying with me this week so we can study and after Mags gets back from her Point Bonita field trip, she’ll do the same (even though she finished all 5 chapter today (!!) we all need to see the movie.  I napped.  I think Ethan napped.  Maggie obviously kept on studying.  

After waking, I suddenly remembered that I needed to drop Lizzie off at the mechanic for an oil leak, so I texted my neighbor and within minutes, he was already off.  I back out the Mazda and followed along in a very strong VW bus…but I want to see what’s dripping out of her before I head to the next Hips fest in a couple of weeks.

Once at home again, we jumped in the car with two dogs.  One of them, Mabi, wants to kill me.  She is so damn sick and tired of not being able to go out and play that I swear she is learning how to use her paws to operate potentially deadly kitchen utensils.  We headed to our usual park, but there were 2 ladies sitting with toddlers, so I insisted we go to the next park.  I hate being around people.  Not sure I’d do well in San Francisco, after all.  We had a blast at the other park. Mabi was exhausted by all the running and I made contact with a German friend from Montessori college and will be meeting with her to determine how to get a job in CH.  Then the kids located plum trees and went crazy picking them. 

 Home to finish packing up for Maggie’s field trip (she had it all done days ago).  Ethan did a few chores. I folded laundry.  Here is a question:  how is there always so much laundry?  It was an interesting weekend of naps, foods and excitement.  

Pictures:  Maggie catching plums Ethan is picking in the sunset; Ethan misses baseball - hitting the ball for Mabi; park view; plums <I hope...I've always thought they were something poisonous....>

No comments:

Post a Comment