Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 25, 2015



Up before the alarm by three minutes. Coffee, breakfast shower and out the door to an already mid-eighties degree day.  My first client today was a “little” a young child who’d witnessed some pretty traumatic stuff and I wanted to get there a little early to prep. I’m not gonna lie – even though I’ve worked with children for years, I was a bit nervous as this is my youngest client thus far.  But by ten after and no-show, I called mom; she had forgotten to call to reschedule, so I did…for 4 that afternoon.  This being a young one, I wanted to assess and get an idea of her state before I went on vacation.

Off I wandered!  I HAD to get the bottom swimsuit piece and I wanted to get shorts or “short-like” clothing.  I stopped by a thrift store to see about jeans so I could make some “jorts” for the Dead show, but sweetjeezuslawdamighty, there was Flesh Mass on my body and nothing fit.  I got some little tanks and headed on down the road.  Stopped by second thrift and WOW!  So many bright colors!  IF the previous thrift store was for 3 decades from now (soft muted colors and sensible clothing), this was for the younger crowd (bright colors and 2 decades ago), but the line was too long for that “one” thing I found, so I did the next best thing: headed to Target.  

As I pulled in, L called, quiet stressed.  I soon found out why – those children of ours were sharing their teen-nessisity with their grandmother and she was distraught.  L was supposed to head down over the weekend to pick them up. This is tough.  He said he’d warned his mom that the kids, E in particular, were not a bowl of cherries lately with attitudes, it might not be what she was expecting but she went ahead with it.  L mentioned how he had to remind his mom about his similar behavior when he was that age.  Ahhh, how quickly we forget.  I have the Dead concert Saturday night, but love adventures and we have a blast with road trips.  So I’ll come home, sleep and then head down south Sunday.  I went in to Target and found a swimsuit bottom <thank god it’s just my kids I’m vacationing with> and a few “short-like”  pieces of clothing.  Up the hill – a quick lunch <pleasedon’taskwhere – pleasedon’taskwhere> <ok, fine!!  The taqueria with the delicious carnitas burrito> then car wash to prep the Mazda for her Dead inauguration and sudden trip to SoCal.

Headed back to work in time for group, where memories of many “By the Grace of God” memories came back and soon, it was time for my little client.  All that nervousness for naught: within minutes I was on the floor with her and we were playing, just like so many hours with the Montessori kids - with ALL the little kids-  I’ve worked with.  It was beautiful.  After, I stayed a bit, then headed home.

 
I bought salad.  A BIG container of salad.   I’m not happy with this body – primarily because of clothing and I refuse to buy bigger and bigger clothing, but also because it hurts.  I’m not caring for it and so it is showing me this disapproval.  I want to change a few things around – switch the Ds to Bs, get back to climbing.  Gym happens after I get back.  I thought about it and I don’t want to pay for 2 weeks I won’t use it.  Spoke with my sweet sister tonight – I dislike that she is three hours ahead now, rather than two, but I’ll get accustomed to it.  Sold my car pass to HSMF and will be sleeping an RV park with electrical hookups, instead.  I love that.  I can sleep.  


Pictures:  Marks on my windshield from all my hiking adventures.  At the car wash, the guys were looking at all the scratches on the body. #nofear; A bee I managed to shoot; Beautiful sunset on our <hot> walk tonight; Meeting David in Rancho to hand off the car pass on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment