Friday, July 31, 2015

July 31, 2015



More crushing back pain in the night – flopping this way, that way, all to little or no avail.  Fortunately I was seeing Jake today and would  let him know.  I sat, enjoyed seeing a thousand, plus musicians play “Learn to Fly” to coax the Foo Fighters to play for them in Italy.  What a thrill  that would be – learning to play that with others, knowing he will see it and promise to come play for them – that’s the kind of guy he is – full of integrity.  

I headed off to the gym for my appointment and was put.through.the.wringer.  The moves were not hard, per se – but my body never truly “learned” how to work after the accident and now, it was being taught.  He showed me things to do to relieve my back pain and began working my body so it strengthens. I decided there and then that Jake will be my Bela Karoli, my Olympic coach (minus the emotional abuse).  By the time I sat in the car, I was 92% dead.  Mags texted me and asked if I wanted a protein shake – oh, yes, delicious!

I planned with the kids about the adventure we would be taking the next day – the boy was already showing signs of 13-anine (adolescent-ness).  I assigned a few things for once I left and then we headed into the backyard to do some yardwork…the first of the summer, really.  Not watering has meant the grass stays mostly deadish. I got the fish pond filter running again, and the fish danced around happily underwater.  I had sweat pouring off of me (still), so hopped in the shower and …off to work!

First task at hand was group – we had three kids, which is the most it has been in some time.  After we had completed the objectives, we spoke of kids…one of the kids had a friend who was expecting a son soon and he talked about how one day (nice insight), he wanted to have kids of his own, but how he’d keep the girl under lock and key to keep her safe (better insight).  He said:  “yeah!  With a boy you only have to worry about one dick, but with a girl, you have to worry about every guy’s dick!”  I had to laugh.  Ohhhh, the seeds we sew.  I had a family session after and I was thrilled with how well it went, how receptive everyone was…and that there I was,  sitting…educating these people.  There is such strong rapport…funny how things work so much easier when you are where you are supposed to be.  <happy smile>

 
Raced home after prog notes were done to prepare for our adventure.  Initially I was thinking of leaving around 4 a.m. – that’s always very adventure-y and fun, but… after both kids blew up at different times <oh, yes>, shopping, packing, cooking, loading and, and, and…it is past 11 and here I am writing.  Still, it should be a fun trip to Bodie.  There’s a natural (free) hot spring nearby.   We may camp overnight, maybe not.  Not talking Lizzie because apparently it’s high in elevation (Lizzie doesn’t like high elevations) and is already a 4 hour trip.  I’m excited – the Tribe rides again.

Pictures: No melted chairs or inflatable sofa, this time!! <camping packed right>; Prepping pancake mix; Maggie's scratch peach pie for dessert (it won't last til breakfast <grin>

No comments:

Post a Comment