Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 30, 2015



Despite staying up last night after Almost Famous…I awoke at a fairly decent time, even though I didn’t want to and dedicated day 4 of STAYING STILL and ‘taking care’, as I have been advised numerous times by my supervisor.  

Lots of computer work: searching, seeking, looking, comparing, requesting, considering, notifying…and such.  My poor Mabi is depressed and I wish I had cattle for her to herd.

Mags went to a friend’s and Ethan, my sweet boy, was hypnotized by watching guy's gaming.  I took 4 German proficiency tests to discover (which I knew) that I am an intermediate German speaker.  I have lots of work to do….

More medicine, more Halls (my tongue is raw), more honey/lemon tea (that’s the best part).  Ethan and I enjoyed a dinner of carnitas and then cleaned the kitchen together.  I imagined it was a kitchen in Switzerland.  I am terrified..yet so excited.  This isn’t a move to another part of California; it’s a whole other continent.  I looked at rental homes/apartments and had a brilliant idea – I’ll fix Lizzie up then sell her – and all that money will go to my rent.  Hopefully it’s enough for  6-9 months or so.  



I got a fortune cookie the other day – it reads “You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course” and boy, am I trying.  There is so much to do, so much to learn, and yet….  Everything works out how it is supposed to, whether I try to cram  <insert amount of time> or not, it goes the way it should.  The fortune didn’t say anything about when.  So I shall stay the course and Life, with Universe’s help, will be just as it should be.

Pictures: Ethan couldn't believe I hadn't found Inuit Dude, despite my watering the plant for weeks; a Kachelofen from 1702 - how rad is that?  I love Kachelfens - best way to heat a house, in my opinion; Ethan was floored by the modern insides of these old farm houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment