Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 28, 2014



 No yoga this morning.  I slept another 30 
minutes, instead.  Listened to country this morning, dancing in my kitchen and my heart aching.  Granted, it's country music, so aching hearts happen anyway, but it sure gets tricky when you're not where you wanna be and then memories of the greatest time of your life come rushing back(in reality, it was just after the shittiest time in my life, so I was already floating on a pink cloud).  I remember sitting with a girlfriend in my VW rabbit convertible at night, under the stars, both of us singing Tim McGraw (I'd seen him in concert at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth as he was on his way to stardom).   Happy times.

At school, the "individual" of smart phone fame (who was exceptional yesterday) was doing well today, but, alas, it was too difficult.  20 minutes before class ended she had that bad boy out and was once again scouring it for whatever it is she scours for (??? Is this even a word?).
<apparently it is, but it is NOT the root word if scouring, rather, it means "diarrhea in livestock". Who knew?!>  Group went well:  focus was mindfulness, which is always something I can incorporate.  Later, I worked with a student, establishing a relationship with him and supporting him. I understand the teacher wants this and this and this, but unless this kid feels safe, nothing will happen..he’ll shut down and sit, which is his defense mechanism, thus I feel I have to work with…smile, look him in the eyes, help him find confidence, build upon his strengths.  Another kid is on the opposite spectrum of this and if he were an animal, he’d be a peacock.  This kid struts and is BRIMMING with self-confidence.    He’s a trip…we already have our special handshake.  <smile>  We have a great group of kids this year.  It’s almost Breakfast Club-ish, minus (sadly) Judd Nelson.

As I arrived home, I saw my  kefir grains had arrived (not grains at all, rather a combo of yeasts and bacteria much like kombucha), so I cleaned out my glass jar to start in kefir water.  I needed organic sugar, though, so I headed to the co-op (holy shit, that's expensive!!)  to pay a huge amount for an itty-bitty bag of sugar & a sprout of mint. I was then mysteriously drawn to the new Mexican Restuarant I'd notice on my way home (I feel compelled to support small businesses especially if melted cheese and jalapeños are involved).  The RAD thing is I learned more Spanish.  The unrad thing is there wasn't enough melted cheese, but I ate it anyway.  Cool dude there was singing and offered me Spanish 101.  ¡Si!
 
At home I had boiled water, so now I added sugar and waited for it to cool.  For some reason beyond my control, I started a mobile with sticks, shells and starfish to hang out in the xeriscaped front yard.  Unfortunately, I broke the drill bit drilling a hole in a shell, so I’ll have to get another before I can finish it.   I look at myself and I can understand why people call he a hippie, but i'm really not.  I just...like making things sometimes…like yogurt, kefir water, homemade granola.  Now as soon as I start to macramé, THEN you guys can call me a hippie, but until then, I’m someone who would rather not spend a ton of money on poorly made stuff or food that contains who knows what(unless it’s Mexican food…then who gives a fuck).  I wonder what I would be like if I had been born in one place and had developed root there, rather than back and forth between cultures and countries.  I feel split into many pieces with a constant “grass is greener” attitude which I’m aware of.  Would I still be this smorgasbord of metal/country/classical/hippieness?

I took a quiz today.  Apparently my vermillion and 19% of women have breasts like I do:  “particularly rounded at the base and gorgeously full”  Ok, I call that sagging with a little too many sweets which has added some substance resulting in muffin-top, but hey, whatever…..  This quiz is supposed to help me get The perfect bra online….Are you kidding me?  I have enough difficulty getting them to fit when I physically try them on – how in HELL is asking a few question about the bra strap or the cups going to get me the perfect bra?  Seriously…this world is beginning to freak me the fuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment