Friday, August 29, 2014

August 29, 2014



I failed with yoga this morning as well, my excuse being “It’s Friday…I need to practice “sleeping in” for the 3-day weekend."   I’m just too tired lately. Little energy, less motivation.    Work included the first "Mrs. Robinson" moment for me, and  naturally I handled it wrong.  I was walking around campus today , heading into the main office building with 4 guys walking behind me….I heard one mumbling, then another said, “Dude!  That’s gross, she’s probably like 40!!”  What I should’ve done
 (and would have had I known them) is just keep walking and say “I’m 42!!”, hands in the air in celebratory fashion without missing a beat.  I need to start buying stockings, I think (I’ve never seen The Graduate, so I’m not quite sure).  On the flip side, the whole “cougar” idea really grosses me out and I’d have trouble dating anyone younger than me…with maybe 3-4 years being the max I could handle without reporting myself as a pedophile.  This was a very difficult aspect for me when it came to the Giants, but sadly, I have had to give all of them up as they could practically be my children.

I had a long (4-7 minute) discussion with Sabol today (who also suggested my response to the situation above be: “Compliment!!” pointing tp whatever guy mumbled/ “Wrong!!” to whatever guy said the ‘Dude, gross’ statement) where we discussed weekend plans.  In her “mental backpack”, she had the Tahoe Ropes course idea, whereas I have plans of landscaping with “beauty bark” (THAT’S what they call bark in Washington!!!  Sabol…I couldn’t keep it for tomorrow..it happened today and I didn’t want to forget.

After class, I headed out home, rather than stay on campus for an hour before picking Ethan up from his field trip.  Completed a few chores, then off to Home Depot to buy a concrete drill bit so I can get back to  my “mobile” work.  I sat in the parking lot of Ethan’s school, choosing to spend the time wisely by unsubscribing to all these sites that send me emails on a daily basis.  It is apparent to me that I am approaching another “pitching” mood, where I want to minimize what I have.  One case in point would with be all the damn clothes that fit me 3 years ago which are now far too snug.  I saw someone who competes in body building, suggesting we should get together for coffee and a talk…she says I know what to do, it’s just applying it.  I told her Mexican food was my downfall, but if I’m honest, sugar is in there, too.  It’s that mental obsession, which I am all too familiar with.  Also, I’m not very motivated.  I try to eat fairly healthy food…I make a lot of my own stuff, but I splurge far too often.  Any day can be a celebration day if nachos or sushi is involved.  At one point, I know I’ll meet a boy (Man!! Man!!!  39 or older!!!) who will make my heart go pitter-patter , causing me to lose my appetite because I’m swooning all over the place.  




I picked up Ethan who had a fun time on his field trip (as I knew he would).  This Kid has, up to this point, been quite blasé  about field trips, yet has always enjoyed them immensely.  I dropped him off at a friend’s house, where he is camping for the weekend and will be river-rafting, inner-tubing, etc.  Did I mention I will be laying down “beauty bark” and decomposed granite?  Possibly doing laundry, too.  I have big plans… <tears are falling>

Since Kristo is back from his AT thru-hike, he has offered to help me this weekend in transporting all this great landscaping material.  My 1st round of kefir water will be finished tomorrow night, so I went to Cost Plus to purchase some glass bottles for the aforementioned kefir water.  I also browsed their edibles section, which reminds me of Europe and childhood….  My point in this rambling is:  I saw Ritter Sport chocolates (which I subsequently purchased because it’s praliné schokolade), which made me think of a Very Recent Convo I had with Richard from AISZ(we both want to move back to Switzerland), who stated it was about focusing and getting serious with making things happen.  So, instead of NOT applying to Sac County bc I do not speak one of the 13 “special skills” languages required, I shall apply ANYWAY and get busy in trying to finish this degree, etc.  For anyone who cares, European schokolade is awesome and can change your life.  And now, I’m going to bed with the Doctor.


Pictures:  "Cucumber or Pickle?"  It's all about choices (This was in the EDCA parking lot where I played tennis with the dogs).  McDonald's drive-thru - the problem with our country, and a street lamp in El Dorado (you can hear Doctor Who music in the background if you focus very, very hard).

No comments:

Post a Comment