Thursday, October 30, 2014

October 30, 2014



It seemed unusually calm this morning, as there was a mild attitude.  Later. this made complete sense to me when I heard the question, "So, I need some feedback.  Can so & so spend the night tomorrow?"    “No.  First, you didn't clean your room, which I’ve asked you to do twice…"  "I can do that tonight!"  "No.  I asked Monday.  Second, your attitude with homework last night didn't cut it and it looks like your attitude really hasn’t changed much."  It is hard being the bad parent.


I felt so dizzy, as if I were on something. It's been this way most of the day.  Strange.  I spent every free moment I had writing the five page paper that was due tonight for my class: scribble a paragraph here, look up a reference there and scribble down another paragraph.  Not my best work, certainly, but at least the paper was done when it was due,  which is good considering the expectations of our instructor.  It was interesting and taking another personality test which I've done many times in the past, to see that my personality type is the idealist: The idealist is described  as enthusiastic,  trust their intuition, yearns for romance,  seeks their true self,  prizes meaningful relationships and dreams of attaining wisdom.  That first sentence describes me and everything that is important to me.  Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted and authentic.  They tend to be giving,  trusting, spiritual are focused on personal journeys and human potential.  Lastly, they make intense mates nurturing parents and inspirational leaders.   I don't know about the last one, but I agree with the rest.  There's a lot of truth to these tests when they are answered honestly.

I picked up the kids not knowing what to expect but everything went fairly smoothly and once we got home,  he asked when he could have his iTouch back.   I let him know when he gets his grades up to a C, which means turning in assignments and doing better on tests.  He made himself an omelets for dinner, it so delicious &  fluffy I can't make omelets like that… I just call mine scrambled omelets  because they never end up right. I made Maggie noodle soup for dinner but she doesn't like it as much unless I call it Nudel Suppe (German).


I headed to class; a usually 45 minute drive took me an hour and a half.  It was back-to-back traffic
all the way to campus. Assignments were due at the beginning of class, so I'm grateful that I stumbled cross and checked out the syllabus last night.  It was a looonnng class: no break.  Semi interesting.

Once I got home, I noticed his room.  Very clean, even vacuumed. This is the tough part, but no.  When he asks me tomorrow morning if friends can come over, the answer won't change, because that's not how life works.  There are rarely do-overs... You have to give it your best the first time.  Hopefully it'll pour and we can rent Pacific.  Sweet Mags just  practiced her book report in front of me a few times and I gave her some tips on accents, eye contact and keeping her voice loud enough so everyone could hear. I think she'll do exceptionally well.  She gets to spend the night tomorrow night.  It was a good day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment