Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 24, 2015



Poor sleep again – story of my week…get out your violins, but I was somewhat excited to wear my “professional” clothes to work –it’s the little things in life.  I finally feel like I have a career in which I can dress professionally for my work. Ethan was one lucky kid this morning – I granted him the special gift of a full on Foo Fighters concert live by me, but his eyes were glued to his BMX videos.  Poor kid – doesn’t even realize what he missed.

I may be imagining things, but I felt Stephanie was pretty impressed with my outfit – especially since I was wearing my Nine West black wedges  The day went along rather nicely until.. I remembered who he was.  Allow me to explain:  Yesterday’s paper had a cover shot of three people arrested on murder charges and one of the faces looked so familiar to me, but I was unable to place it until I heard Dave say he used to go here – then I remembered.  He was a sweet kid, whom I had always noticed because he seemed so clean cut  and nicely mannered.  Turns out he is a “validated sureño” gang member.  There goes his life – he graduated early 2 months ago and now he is sitting in our jail awaiting trail.  This has weighed heavily on me all day long.  My heart is saddened that this young man has made the choices he made and will now more than likely spend a great part of his life in prison.  WHY???  I want to go in and ask him WHAT led up to his making these choices??? 

Yesterday, out of the blue, I imagined being held/hugged tightly be a man and feeling the scratchiness of his facial hair against my check.  Today, there was a coach subbing for our PE instructor and I suddenly found myself doing off things like fixing my hair and being conscious of how I carried myself.  Good mercy….  Let’s not start up with all that flirting mess again – too much going on.

Grabbed Ethan after school, dropped him off at home and tried to leave as quickly as possible, but I couldn’t remember where I’d set my keys – 3 times I got in the car to check and three times  I had to get out before I finally found them – right where I always out them.  Supervision threw on another 2 hours on to my very small time plate, but I’ll take what I can get:  Apparently the hours at my work’s group won’t count because HR never got back to my university.  Fantastic.  I called one client and will go in right after work Thursday to prep for others. 

Came home to my boy – who was asleep.  He hadn’t finished his homework, so after i cooked dinner and did more chores, I helped him, which is why it is so late now and I missed yoga.  Tired.  Must sleep.

Picture:  Ethan's human eye science fair model.  My saran-wrap cornea idea looks kinda creepy in the photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment