Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 25, 2015



This morning, I managed to get yoga in so I wouldn't lose my 2 dollars to Paula at work (we bring a dollar if we get it done, two when we don't).  The dollar isn't much at all, but it's made more of a difference in my doing yoga than anything else.

I wore more "grown-up clothes" today. This is an actual quote from a student today:   "Wow!  I've never seen you dress up like a grownup before!"  I wore those shoes again, though,  and after two class periods my feet were screaming at me,  so I put on my Barefoot Merrills.  I'm doing a lot of walking, I'm a more active,  watching what I eat and try not to eat past six( though yesterday with Ethan I was half an hour late). I'm noticing a little bit of a difference.

After school, I went to meet L to  give him Ethan’s bike.  He ended up being later than expected, so I picked Ethan up because Maggie was too busy talking to her friends on the porch to hear her name called three times.  We parked across the street at the church and waited.  His relationship with his girlfriend isn't going well at all and I think it will be ending fairly soon. That makes me sad for him, but not being in the relationship is a terrific thing.  Sometimes it's great to be on the sidelines. 

I went to Winco to get some shopping and then back to practicum.  Maybe I can find an additional practicum site the summer so that I can really rack up a lot of hours and be finished .  That would be nice, yet it's doubtful.  All in good time,  I know

I'm looking forward to a relaxing summer with my kids and then hopefully placement at my practicum site for employment. As much as I love so many of the people at my workplace,  the kids and even the situations that make me want to tear my eyes out in  frustration, it's  difficult to be in a place where you don't fit, don't feel you belong.  There's an odd tension I feel and it just isn't a good fit for me anymore. I am so very grateful that it allowed me the opportunity to support myself for the last few years so that I could complete graduate school.  I am a very fortunate person, indeed.

Pictures:  The cotton ball I picked from a field as we headed north out of Midland in January; Leaves are slowly making their appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment