Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015



This morning was, for lack of a better term, just plain weird.   Despite the things I need for practicum, not having class/homework delivered an entirely new sensation, as in – what do I do now?   For the first time in three years (or thereabouts), I made my bed, then  folded some laundry (wish I could say this was rarely done but it happens far too often),then  I started cleaning the kitchen.   I was in a terrific mood and felt utterly relaxed.  This weekend was exactly what I needed and considering I know of the importance of self-care, it had been far too long.  

I am now in Music-Mode.  The air is spring fresh, the joy of summer is right around the corner and it is TIME!! Time for music, for fests, for free-spiriting (within reason, of course, I mean, this is me we are talking about).  Before work, I wanted to drop off the paper work for Lizzie which I had located so they knew what had been done in the last years/owners.  On the way, I listened to Umphrey’s Mcgee.  What sound!!  School was grand – a D-back schedule with SBAC schedules on Tuesday and Thursday and the kids get braces on Wednesday morning, so…  All I have to worry about is Friday!

 I received a funny little message from a little girl while I was at work…something about track practice either ending or starting at 5:30, having no shorts and a lot of “umm” or “soooo yeah’s”  I wasn’t really able to comprehend the message and tried calling back, but no answer.  After I picked up the boy (apparently she had gone home with someone else), I tried to nap for a bit…not having school work is freaking my body out so clearly the best thing to do is sleep.  I headed to the track in preparation of picking up or watching.  I feel a little bad.  With Ethan and baseball, we were always there – all of us, even L., watching, supporting.  Mags has somewhat beat her own drum in terms of support, doing what she needed to do in volleyball, or track last year.   I love that girl and am in awe of her.

Once at home, Ethan had prepared steaks for him us and spaghetti for Maggie (she is still a vegetarian, which I fully support), and we watched The Office together.  Those writers amaze me and I’m usually laughing hysterically at least once during the episode.  Tonight it was Kevin running around the office for a training seminar to Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train.”  At some point, Ethan did the “scare mom” part and jumped from around the corner.  He does this every day when they’re here and it thrills me to no end (though I walk around very cautiously when they are here)and when he does scare me, I scream, shout an explicative and then whack him on the head.

Classes are finished. No more required reading, though I would like to start on the case studies and the Capstone project.  I looked at the snow covered mountains today and realized I can go hiking on weekends again!  There is a lot of promise for the future, but RIGHT NOW is amazing!!  I have such a joyous time with my kids…my life is blissful.  I’m happy.


Pictures:  Terrapin bands from Saturday night; My mistress...the bed; Time catch up on magazines...; Mags caught Ethan in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment