Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April 28, 2015



The air was fresh and beautiful as the kids and I left the house.  I was in a good mood – Maggie had changed String Cheese Incident to GD’s “China Cat Sunflower” and that song brings a lot of happy joy to me.  Shortly after arriving to work, I received a call from the mechanic’s shop – Lizzie was ready to go, which made me very happy.  As far as electrical, there had been repairs of shorts and other stuff – because of the rust which the previous owners had “repaired” and hidden with the paint job, it would continue to be a problem with moisture until I got the area repaired – which is what Dreamboat Michael had told me That One Fine Day too, but I digress.  Back to work.

It was the first of the SBAC days, which is good in terms of time away from the classroom.   I am saddened by the amount of bullying which goes on right under everyone's noses.  I learned of three cases within an hour of each other and the tough part is doing something about it.  I remember being bullied in high school and it was terrifying.  One day, I couldn't take it anymore and called her - there was little else that could be done.  I told this person that I don't know what she may have been told, but I had never said anything against her and if I did in anyway offend her, I apologized (making amends since my teen years).  She never bullied me again.  I'm not sure how to handle such cases, because there is little that is actually done.  Sure, we have a zero tolerance policy and it is basically lip service.  The rest of day went well and off to pick up the kids!

I dropped the kids off at home and headed to the shop.  The receptionist Bianca has an adorable little girl, about 3, who often gets the papers as the printer spits them out.  I told her I am so impressed with her that I would love for her to work with me if I ever have an office…her little girl face reminds me off cotton candy and happiness.  The bus was parked in the back, with other VW siblings in a pretty tight squeeze.  As I waited for Bianca to talk to the guys about moving Lizzie out, the little girl whispered, “Drive her out!”  I smiled.  And that’s exactly what I did.  It was a terrific arm workout (no power steering), but Lizzie is like a graceful ice skater…sorta…and we maneuver well together.  Supervision was terrific, as always.  My supervisor thinks I will easily get the hours needed for finishing over the summer, which makes me very  happy (see previous post).  I hope so. 

Brent dropped me off and I spoke with the owner of the shop for a bit.  He checked out my car and thinks she is in pretty good shape, considering.  There is little rust (see post 1), which is really the biggest issue of VWs – the other stuff can be replaced.  The issue should be ok, but I need to drive her lot to see how she does.  If there are more problems, they will have to get into it, but he seems to think they got it.  I will contact a local window shop and there will have to be some work done rust area, but for now…fingers crossed.

Maggie and Ethan wanted to go out big on Their Last Night of Bare Teeth, but when I got home, Ethan had changed his mind, so Mags and I headed for her frozen yogurt with gummy worms (final dinner before braces).  I grabbed a carnitas burrito.  Taqueria Tepa wins, hands down.  Then we headed home in a very happy bus.  The Office helped us out (tonight’s last hysterically quote is by Michael G. Scott, “I’m a huge fan of Woody Allen, although I’ve only seen ‘Antz’”) and then Ethan helped me Montessori roll the huge rubber mat I bought for the back of Lizzie as heat and sound barrier.  It is far too big and now I have to send it back.  Then early-ish to bed as tomorrow is the arrival of the metal on their teeth – both of them.  20 minutes apart.  Awesome.

Pictures: Mags sitting in our Lizzie, eating fro-yo; Maggie's fam-shot; A red Mexican chair; Halfway there since the count-down calender began.






No comments:

Post a Comment