Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 29, 2015



It was a very odd feeling, being able to “sleep in” on a work day, but the kid’s ortho appointment was at 9ish, so I could sleep a little later.  It was an easier morning – just knowing I didn’t have to go to work right away.  I liked that a great deal.  I had decided somewhere in the night that I needed to attend the Grateful Dead’s final “Fare Thee Well” (which I say everyday – coincidence?  I think not) show in Santa Clara, so I found a ticket which, while still high, gives me a view of the stage.  I think it’ll be fun.

We got into the office and were greeted with smiles and happiness.  The children were terrific patients and I was amazed at the change since I was had braces – no bands or spacers needed…no months of pain before the days of pain.  The kids even got to choose colors of their braces – Ethan stayed with silver (my sensible child) while Maggie chose blue and pink (adventurous).  Despite having given them Ibuprofen before, it was suggested I should also give then acetaminophen, so we stopped by Rite Aid and then I dropped them off at school. 

After work, I pulled the bus in front of the kid’s school and still had a 20 minute wait, so I went in the back, popped open a window, and kicked back for some reading before school let out.  I am THRILLED with Lizzie and praypraypray that the major bugs were fixed.  I know there will be things that pop up, I get that.  It is a 39 year old vehicle, after all, but again, I have heard great things from mechanics on her condition, so I am hopeful. 

The kids and I went to the store to get “soft” foods and then headed home.  We did a little weed pulling and Mags discovered a huge black widow with her egg.  We had re-located one we found inside once, but the ones outside we usually leave.  We know where they are and we aren’t idiots.  We’d gone inside and by time we got back, she was gone, so I got the egg and we destroyed it.  I got the memory foam I’d gotten for the bus and we tried it out.  It is so comfortable!!!  With my duvet and lantern in there, I’ll be in heaven.  There is a swap meet in Lincoln on Saturday that Ethan and I will swing by.  I want to learn about the sink.
 
Mags and I prpeared her for her school's 70s day (I fully support this), then we ate a little and hung out, watched our show.  I have to tell you it is so nice being able to come home and do things like garden and hang out with my kids.  I’m going to get started on my case studies soon so I don’t “lose it” (writing skill) before the cap stone project.  CRB on Tuesday…can’t wait <3



 Pictures:  Waiting for school to end; Before and after; Blackbird singing in the dead of night...well, day...in the garden; This is how he scared me today.  Neighbor heard me shriek, "Goddam it!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment