Sunday, June 28, 2015

June 27, 2015

Up...slept late, til 9 o'clock,' but it was so good.  Coffee and getting ready to go.  I didn't play any music at home initially, but Jerry was soon singing to me, excited that I'd finally make it to a Dead show.  I needed to grab bones for the dogs, so off to the store.  As I filled up the car, I wrote "Grateful ⚡️for 50" on the back window.  Soon, I was off.

I had a nice talk with my mom as I headed through Sacramento.  Lots of traffic: Pride in SF, GD and Giants, plus regular weekend traffic...but life was good.  I had written a letter this morning, and everything would be ok regarding the CR trip and dogs/airport.  The dogs will have an adventure while I'm at High Sierra, though, andf I think that's good for them.


 Made it to Santa Clara just after 3 and found Blue Lot1.  I'm not here tail-gating with anyone, but I see how fun it is if you're with your tribe.  I headed back and forth-twice in poster line, third time was the charm. Headed in and sat, eating my nachos, right across from a recovery stand.  Tell me Universe isn't watching out for me! Up, up, up and I was finally in my seat.

Half an hour later than planned, they began.  What a trip....  Bruce  Hornsby- I saw him 25 years ago in Switzerland.  A rainbow appeared...Julie Strickler was right, he'd show up:  Jerry was here.  The songs were terrific... Truckin' was first, Uncle John's Cabin, Dark Star, St. Stephen and others.  Fireworks.  I met a young couple, Tori and Dan from Chico, say next to an introvert who lives in Hayward but looked so familiar.  His brother in Chicago is the "family dead-head", but his brother from Strasbourg would be flying in to see Chicago, too.

With my impending road trip date, I knew I had to beat the crowd, so I headed out early.  Spent 25 minutes looking for my car (I didn't go back far enough), but made up the time on the freeway.  Listened to great NPR shows (the black box) and then Coast to Coast (no George Noory, though) interviewing John Potash about CIA and musicians who've mysteriously died.  Hmmm...Odd.  Jerry Garcia is dead.



Pictures:  The Grateful Dead show - Fare Thee Well, June 27, 2015, Santa Clara , CA

No comments:

Post a Comment