Monday, June 29, 2015

June 28, 3015



.

I am SOOO tired after the last couple of days – but have to get this written so it isn’t lost forever:
I woke up after maybe 4 hours sleep (I was too excited after the show and remembering everything) and I knew I had limited time, so I got up and out rather quickly.  I still had half a tank, so I decided to fill up and remembered too late that I hadn’t uploaded an audio book, so I went to a coffee shop (no –not that one) and after a half hour (there goes the time I’d saved), I had one going.  The problem is I couldn’t figure out how to listen…iTunes is kinda confusing.  Finally ended up with 2 books – I got started on one.

I wrote down notes to write about later, but I’ve forgotten what I meant by “Foster’s Freeze” – maybe that I stopped there to fill up, but probably more about the old lady in the restroom who took so long –because bless her heart – she was confused, and her daughter (older than me) was helping her so kindly.  That’s where I’ll be soon – I know, because…well…you’ll see later (and I was only tired).  I wrote about the trailer being hauled which looked like it had remnants of cotton in it (reminded me of  my childhood days in Texas) but when I passed it was garlic head skins….  Where have all those cotton fields gone?  Outsourced, surely.  Makes me sad.

Right as I was passing Magic Mountain, L called…seems he had talked to his brother and that the kids had really been fine – not the little monsters described to us.  I was so glad to hear this – yes, I understand the moods with teens and how I am practically bald from pulling my hair out with The Boy – but really – they are both good kids.  It was weird being in LA again as a kickass driver and not one that has panic attacks.  Being able to do 80 on LA Freeways is a sense of empowerment – not that I did that.  I made it to Dana Point and saw the place I’d last been as that 13 year old was bulging in my womb.  It was a nice memory.  I was texted that she didn’t know where I was – they were at the Oceanic Institute – down from the gazebo I’d been married in.  It was SOOO terrific to see those kids.  They were tan and happy to see me as beaming faces evidenced.  

I took them to Thai This – the restaurant their dad and I frequented on our weekends there – it was far too expensive and not as anymore.  We left and Sergio (male Siri) gave us some directions that were totally weird – on the 5 North, exit the 73 (tollbooth) only to get on the 5 again.  Yet I have to say LA with the sun setting boldly behind it, looked better than I’d ever seen it.  After a failed dinner and lost directions, we were more behind than ever and I was still so exhausted from the previous night’s festivities.  Driving to sac wasn’t going to work.



Naturally I hadn’t planned on staying the night and had nothing – we planned to stop at a Target which closed at 11 in Bakersfield and the drive continued.  I was tied – so my other me’s came out.  I was speaking in a German accent   - or shrieking “China Cat Sunflower!!”  at the top of my lungs.  Ethan (and Mags is starting, as well) has been taping me secretly and already has quite the collection of evidence when it is time to question my sanity. He hit the motherlode tonight.  Grabbed everything at Target, headed to our hotel (after a detour through residential neighborhoods via Sergio – it was very odd).  We got to the hotel as the police were searching a beat up old pickup truck, looking for drugs or weapons.  FunFun.  The clerk, Michelle, took one look at my face and upgraded us to a quitter, larger room.  After Pizza for This Boy Who Is Growing, I passed out – to sleep forever more.  Right?

Pictures:  The kids and I in Sampson's Gazebo; The compass in the gazebo; LA Beauty - show by Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment