Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 29, 2015

My cool dark cloud of pillows was delightful and I didn't want to get up - but if I didn't get things going, we would miss breakfast.  Not having any luggage made things considerably faster - we were up and out of the room in minutes and soon enjoying a lovely breakfast where Maggie made me pancakes.  Naturally, and without thought, I pushed a man's toast back down again when it popped up - thinking I had inadvertently caused it to pop up...then I went on my merry mental way, completely missing the smoke billowing from the toaster as the bread burnt black.  Two families left the breakfast area as the smoke was too think to handle.  I am awesome.

We headed off...I was already exhausted when we pulled out of the parking lot, but that's neither here nor there.  I was glad we had stopped so I could get a good night's sleep.  We headed up the 99 and had adventure after adventure.  Following a roadside sign mention of a particular olive oil, the kids and I exited in Pixley and tried to find the olive oil stand...instead driving through vineyards and neighborhoods.  Still, so much fun.  We headed up, again, driving, driving, driving...

Which brings me to my pet peeve:  If people would use the left lane for passing only - do you REALIZE how much faster we could travel?  How much gas and patience would be saved?  So much Miami Vice driving - in and out of the lanes, passing these people who have no idea how they are blocking others. 

Eventually we made it home...grateful and happy dogs, who had spent their first night alone.  I was exhausted - so much so that I fell asleep on a comforter..on the floor...in the living room... by the front door.  Maggie thought I was folding laundry and had gotten bored.  I needed that nap, apparently.

Later, after we had settled in, I unscrewed the sun visor on the bus (the new one is a few centimeters too short) and got out the Plastimake I'd ordered from Australia so I could repair it and the kids made crafts.  This stuff is amazing - you heat it u in hot water, shape it and cool it to a rock hard plastic.  If you want to re-do it, you simply heat it again.  The sun visor is perfect now.  I ran to Kmart to grab a popup which was on sale for an amazing amount and then...bed.   My Tribe is with me again and I am ever so grateful.  I think I love them hopelessly.


Pictures: The elevator down; The Boy's breakfast ; A must-have for road trips; Crafts with Plastimake.


No comments:

Post a Comment