Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 27, 2015



The sleep was beautiful:  long and filled with many beautiful dreams…but as must happen, I woke up .  Even the morning was a peaceful one though..until one of the dogs threw up on my beautiful duvet cover.  Dammit.  Nothing gets a morning hopping faster than that.  

There were things to be done, I knew – plans to complete, so I got busy going through books.  Baldacci, it was time, Ludlum, fare thee well, King, let’s do this.  Over 100 books and barely a dent in my collection, but I needed to do this.  I headed to The Bookery and got credits for books, then the books which hadn’t made the cut were brought to hospice along with boxes of items I had intended to sell at a yard sale.  Clearing out all the stuff (except my Montessori materials) was so nice.  

I picked up Maggie, my sweet little sassafras and we headed home, where I gave her a list of chores to do while I went  to visit Jake for my first training session.  I’m just gonna jump ahead and say – this girl has a gift – she can clean this kitchen like no one’s business and I don’t know how she does it (I know this sounds silly, but it’s true).  I tried three times to clean in here yesterday with no success and in half an hour, it looks spotless after her work.  She giggled when I told her this, but I’m dead serious.  

Jake was…killer.   After my assessment he was able to see how I really need to work on stabilization and so, that’s what we did.  2 different types of squats (at different times), shoulders, core…I forget what else (it’s written down, though so it’s ok).  Then I finished off with 22 minutes of cardio instead his suggested 15 (I like to push myself).  By the end, every muscle in body was freaking out.  I had to sit in the car for a few minutes before heading home (DWME – Driving with Muscle Engagement ).  Mags and I went to grab Ethan then, his movie plans had fallen through.



Off to Target –over $200 in school supplies.  I’m not sure if this is normal for charter schools or what, but I am SO grateful this is almost over.  The money spent on this school easily tops $500 a year.  So much for “free.”  The plans were to go to Trader Joe’s, yet I was exhausted.. the kids were hungry…and the our was too late.  Dammit.  I wish I could lie, but we went to Chicago Pizza.  Home and (plans were) immediate sleep for me.  Ethan “helped” me put my duvet cover on, which had somehow torn in the washing cycle, laughing about my years in the senior citizens home (he is really concerned about this).  I giggle, because I’ll end up living with him when he’s grown.  I just haven’t told him this yet.


Pictures:  Oh, deer... the visitor we noticed when we got home last night (Mags' picture); a pear in an old pear tree which was probably part of an old orchard by the park; On our way to Target, the sun setting over El Dorado Hills (Mags' picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment