Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28, 2015



I was in so much pain last night my boobs hurt and they didn’t even do anything – they just kinda sat there.  I made a point of rolling muscles to rid the lactic acid and when I awoke, I was grateful that the pain was at a bare minimum, given the circumstances.  I was able to walk freely, without needing to contort my face due to indescribable muscular suffering (plus, “Eye of the Tiger” was my earworm this morning, which helped me work through it all like a champion)

Tuesday are somewhat busy, but I had a fairly easy day ahead of me and looked forward to getting in there and re-living the thrill of Knowing-What-The-Hell-I’m-Doing.  Until I got there…because suddenly – I didn’t.  All that knowledge was gone, had disappeared like Dust in the Wind (thank you, Kansas).  Fortunately, today was individual supervision day , which meant I got to ask questions.  I am also aware of the steep learning curve and the difference between class and real-life, so unless everyone is lying to me, I know I’m doing ok.  

My first appointment missed and needed to reschedule for later that day, which meant the rest of my day  was slam-packed.  Any free time to write prog notes or other disappeared.  Client to group to client.  Not necessarily tough when you’re seasoned, yet I was still looking for missing parts of the group I needed to facilitate.  During that group, however, I heard the sweetest words to a therapist’s ears – a client insisted on seeing me while her primary therapists took vacation time.  <Heart beaming>



I also learned today that my sweet boy is moving – next week will be our last session.  I was able to work with him, and hopefully help dad out a bit with some suggestions.  After some more paperwork (though I have notes to catch up on), I left, almost 9 hours after I showed up.  Much to my chagrin, a last minute change in the schedule had meant no prepared dinner and a necessary trip to the store (I got salad items) (which I did not eat – yet) (there is always tomorrow).  No gym today – I get two days off a week, so it seems today was one of them.   My plan is get up earlier tomorrow – head in – work out and home, shower, work.  

My tribe was amazing – all chores done, excellent moods, and lovely, smiley faces.  Not going to class and living in homework is great (except for my 1.7 <one is begun> case studies and my Capstone – which will be on my soon-to-move client.  My body is in pain again now as it remembers yesterday.  I haven’t told it yet that we are doing the same thing tomorrow morning.

Pictures:   Bruise from running into workout equipment; Maggie's "best" foot on a self-pedi; Ethan made Mountain Dew jello

No comments:

Post a Comment