Monday, September 28, 2015

Septemeber 27. 2015



Once again, the boy was up being responsible with showers when I awoke.  It wasn’t long til we were all up getting ready for our day.  Mags had this rad hippie maiden/grunge rocker hairstyle, but she didn’t like it so she took it down.  I carted the kids off to school and…came home.  First thing I did was call the doctor because this cough is going nowhere. 10:30 and I’d go in.  Nora had contacted me and said she could pick up Ethan, would get him a snack and then work with him.  Oh my goodness, from whence did this angel come?  I cannot say how relieved I am to know there is someone else out there who can help me teach this boy what an incredible kid he is.  Tremendous, to say the least.  

I headed to the doctor and naturally, the lungs sound great, everything is peachy fucking pie except I am dry-coughing my guts outs (and occasionally a little pee if the cough is fierce enough).  No reason for antibiotics so here, let’s give you prescription strength cough syrup.  Fine, fine fine.  I just am tired of this cough.  Jake doesn’t even remember me and I can’t sit in bed without coughing, much less go work out.  Off to the pharmacy..wait, wait, wait it’ll take 1.5 hours to make, see you then and home I go.  

I started my Nurtured Heart Approach lessons here.  This is a program which I have heard rave reviews about and thus, I began.  Add the art therapy, plus this never ending Capstone (yes, I got it back again and just can’t seem to get it going) and I’m quite busy filling this skull of mine.  While I listened, I cut up more picks for collages.  I actually cut up my very first book ever for the pictures and some phrases.  I was waiting for the lightning strike.  Soon it was time to leave again.  I thought I’d head to pharmacy, then a few more chores and client, right?  WRONG.  It seems the physician had never called in the order, (this is the 4th time this has happened at this doctor’s office.  I should really find a new one but that means more time).  I drove down to the doctor’s office, told them this happened again and headed to work, where sweet Ruth listened to me bitch and complain about people not doing their job.  Then I switched it to white people.  I think I’m becoming pretty anti-white, which is funny as I’m pale with blue eyes  
Met my client and when I came out, Ruth had left me some Latino magazines (one with Julio Iglesias, whom I had a tremendous crush on when I was about 16) and a homemade anti-cough recipe with fresh oregano and garlic.  

Back to the pharmacy where I stood at the window for 10 minutes (no exaggeration) as they got medicine, eventually, tried to understand how to ring me up, and more.  I just waited. You can’t do anything.  I wanted to cry, but could not.  Then I asked the lady how she was and she said that despite 10 years of working there, she was looking for a different job – just too much stress and unjoy.  There is too much unjoy in this country, in this world, I think. Too much pressure to do more for less and have kore with less. I headed to the store to go get oregano and bumped into Scott Rist.  I think this guy, of anyone in this town understands my need to get out of here – he is an expat too, but like me he hasn’t exited yet.  Then - I am not kidding – the register at the damn check-out line was under too much stress! This day needs to go away.  

I finally had my cough syrup – I made oregano garlic tea and ate left overs.  Now I’m going to bed early because today has sucked except for the fact that CH things are looking good for the moment, however I understand about Ebb and Flow and realize this shall change.So my last part of 5 a day is sitting on me bed, hearing crickets cricketing as a plane flies overhead.  Dogs are scrunching on my bed and the room is a mess with magazine snippets everywhere; my life has some rad people in it who keep showing up to high five me some magic when I need it.  Thank you Nora, Scott, Stacey, Delfos, Weber,
 Ursula, Marco, etc.

Pictures:  At the Dr's this a.m., so ready for CH; Nurtured Heart; Oregano & garlic tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment