Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 30, 2015



I slept deeper than I have in some time…and my mind knew it.  I dreamt I was dying because I had taken propofol just like Michael Jackson had and now it was too late.  What a horrible feeling!  On the brighter side, my cough has been silenced and my body now has a chance to repair itself. 

I was so tired I texted my supervisor and was able to delay our session, which is good.  I got an entire 12 hours of sleep last night.  When I did finally awake, I worked on translating the letter I had received from the Swiss Geschäftsstelle Psychologieberufekommission, which is essentially the Office of Psychological  occupations committee.  If what I have read and been told thus far is correct, my degree should transfer over and I will be recognized as a psychologist, provided I work in offices which require such schooling.  It is dependent upon the canton and work site.  Of course, CH has many, many, many professional who work in research, clinical, etc and have doctorate upon doctorate, but their classification system is a bit different.  I’ll learn more as I interpret those 4 mile-long words.
 
I went into work and worked a bit on the Capstone.  I feel Weber is nit-picking on a few things which weren’t mentioned in the first go-round.  It’s ok – I get it…the man is holding on to my charming personality for as long as he can, right?  I’ll call CAMFT (CA Assoc. of MFTs)  tomorrow and get legal standings on a 14 year old’s rights in terms of confidentiality.  Met with Susan and we discussed clients, etc, then out to write up notes.  I met with my client-who-has-returned and am devastates at the level of sorrow and a world which has been flipped upside down.  Suddenly a step-parent is gone, and homelessness is now an issue.  My role has changed from therapist to a social worker as I try to case manage and provide resources to this broken family.

Off to Parent Project (which also has its fair share of devastating stories).  It isn’t always that a kid goes down the wrong path because of abuse or neglect issues…sometimes all it takes is losing your heart to the wrong person – someone who does drugs.  My god, I’m keeping an eye on my kids when they are beginning to date people.  



My first art therapy class begins on October 1 – looking forward and I will continue my Nurtured Heart lesson tomorrow before group therapy.  I’m looking into adding as much as I can to see what could be useful in Switzerland.  I’m pumped up again about that.  It must’ve been the Folsom chestnuts.  

Pictures: I shan't lie, I took no pictures today, yet here is a Nature Montage ~ The succulents sit in my window ledge at work, the sunflower is also at work, the moss was on a hike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment