Friday, December 25, 2015

December 25, 2015



Bed time was just after midnight…or just before, who knows.  I dreamt again and again that the kennel was closed on New Years Eve – so how would I get to the Hips show that night?  I awoke after ten and a half hours and toddled to the kitchen for hot lemon water – the first step in my yoga routine.  Ice was frozen on the deck, but the dogs needed out, so…..  I went back to bed and sipped my lemon tea while I waited for the coffee to brew.  This is my morning routine.  If I need to change it, I will, but I sure like sitting in bed sipping my coffee.

I spent a little bit of time chatting with a high school friend.  I feel I always lean on him when I’m feeling down.  This loneliness hits me every once in a while – especially on days that are days families get together. The words are a Band-Aid, because nothing changes, reality is still as it was, but the bandage stops the bleeding, and that’s always good.  I had been invited over to a couple of places today – a friend’s house and my ex-in-law’s, but I needed to get the dogs out – they haven’t been on a walk since we moved in here, which is pretty bad.

WE headed up to our usual place.  I was foolish not to consider two things: A) It was Christmas and most people were off work, and B)It had snowed the night before.  This is not a good combination when seeking solitude.  There were so many cars pulled over, people playing in the snow, throwing snowballs, making snowmen.  I continued in my trusty little Mazda with my new incredible tires.  I will never buy Goodyear tires again.  I kept driving and driving – no troubles at all, which thrilled me to no end.  Eventually I stopped (didn’t want to push my luck) and the dogs and I got out and tromped in the powder.  Even here, there were too many people – speaking so loudly and disrupting the Beauty and Quiet.  We walked a bit further when I heard the people in the area getting ready to leave, so we popped in the car and headed back.  We’d head off the 49 and hike there, instead.  Only, we didn’t.  An icy area had resulted in several cars, driving too fast, to lose control and either smashed into other trucks or they went into culverts.  So I stooped, behind another truck and we waited.  And waited, and waited.  Soon there was a loine of cars behind me as men popped out of their trucks came up with brilliant ideas to solve the problems.  The brilliant idea is not to drive too fast in the first place, dumbass.  The second brilliant idea is to have chains with you.  As I was waiting, I popped my chains on and after about an hour, the roadway was cleared and we drove off.  

I took the long, scenic route back home.  I figured since it was too late to get a hike, a nice drive would have to suffice.  Eventually we reached home, which was good as my stomach was growling.  I was craving homemade meatball soup, so as soon as I got home, I got the ingredients out and began.  My desire and love of cooking has decreased immensely over the last few years, but man…if I could just stick with it for a bit….  I dropped off the cookie dough and beers I had made for L for Christmas (the kids forgot it last night in the car) and then came home to enjoy some delicious soup.

Somewhere in there I started watching Supernatural again.  I don’t know why – it freaks me out (I was terrified when I found a huge man’s jacket with the unfamiliar initials “JW” on my bed last night.  Turns out it was Ethan’s – JW is the son of his dad’s gf).  Did my yoga (part 2 of my routine) and then…more Supernatural.  I won’t sleep well tonight.  



 Pictures:  Second chains job; Beautiful El Dorado County: The moon-rise on Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment