Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 27, 2016



5:13 alarm – problem is, I didn’t wake up until 6:14.  It’s best to turn up the volume on your smart phone.

I received an email from one of the Swiss schools – yes they would enjoy a Skype interview and were interested in times/days which would be most convenient for me.  One foot in front of the other, girlie.

Wednesdays are my get-to-it days.  Drop kids off and zoom to work for an early client, then learning more about the computerized file-program we have (which means using the computer for all documents). Group supervision, which I wish would last for 5 hours instead of 2, then juvenile hall meeting, client, back to work to file reports with CPS and, and, and.  This is such a perfect day for me – a little bit of everything.

I headed to the store to go buy a can of sweetened condensed milk – I am making a last cranberry crunch (even though Ethan loves them now, but I have no more cranberries) for the Ball-Point Birds House Party Friday night.  At the store, I saw Rachel, who is quite special to me.  It was such a joy living next to her daughter, Amber, who passed away from a very aggressive uterine cancer on August 8, 2014.  Rachel is a gentle example of what humanity is like, despite great sorrow. She shows compassion to everyone and leads by example.  I hope to be like her when I grow up.

Home to my tribe.  Ethan had put chicken on the grill and we prepared a simple dinner together.  I received (what is to him) one of the highest compliments – it was delicious and tasted like KFC except it was healthy.  Yes, well…that is rather subjective, I suppose.  Mags told me about her day interning at The Body Shop in Placerville.  She was able to work the cash register, give people change back, & price items.  She loved the independence of meeting friends on Main Street and going to eat at a restaurant together.  Welcome to what life is like in Switzerland, my dear.  We watched some shows together as Mabi barked at a horsefly on the ceiling while Annie barked at a dog barking on the tv show.  It gets a little crazy here, sometimes.


Pictures:   Back to the basics - PB&J with pineapple marmalade from Costa Rica; Oh,  DSM-IV TR, we meet again; I was told by my supervisor that I have mastered Rogerian Therapy - so I got a sticker; a card my dad sent to my son for his birthday long ago.  I miss that man so much. He used to be called something else, but when Ethan was about ,  he said, "His name should be 'Pops'" and it has been that ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment