Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 31, 2016



I was in haven last night – sitting in bed on a Saturday night and singing along at the top of my lungs to 80s hairbands before going to bed.  It really doesn’t get much finer than that…I looked for material for one of the kids I work with and spent time putting together some work sheets.  I made a really big, big mistake this morning.  My total-whole-super-healthy-sprout bread was no longer good, so I…had a helping or 5 of the cranberry crunch.  I am so ashamed of myself.  The month of January is gone – I have 4 months pre-Hipnic.  I think I should just buy bigger clothes – food is my lovah.

The boy was home around 10:30 and I spun some records as I did some minor cleaning.  We did laundry – important stuff that needs to be done.  This home is not going to be as spotless as I thought.  To be honest – size doesn’t make a bit of difference; it just takes longer to get from point A to point B.  I saw a video recently about things people regret most in life.  NOWHERE did it say having a cleaner house.  Things such as “ spending time with loved ones”, however, was frequent.  It’s too important to me to have adventures with me kids.  I 'm certainly ok by CPS standards, but Good Housekeeping may frown.  That's fine by me...

  

Maggie had asked if she could stay at her friends until 4 – Me: one-ish.  Mags: Two? 1:36.  Mags 1:46?  Me: Now?  :Mags: 1:36! And…I was there a minute early.  Then we hit the grocery store and headed home.  The sky was such a beautiful dark color, I was anxious to go hiking, but by the time we got home and had a few things accomplished it was almost 4 – far too late and on a school night, as my kids told me.  

Ethan and I took the dogs to get their nails filed (throw the ball on asphalt).  The sky grew more stunning – such a bright, cold blue on one side and an angry navy blue on the other.  We headed home and got some wood stacked by the front door.  I had some beef chili beef soup ready and we ate as we watched “Drumline”.  Maggie wasn’t anxious to see the movie I described as a "comprehensive history of drums as humanity’s first musical instrument, then traced through the centuries as a tool of communication as well as being used for spiritual means, ending up with a focus on music as we know it today, highlighting Neal Peart and John Bonham."  That was funny.

I heard from a boy form long ago.  I always love hearing from them as they have a special place in my heart.  This one was dreamy guy – late 80s style long hair and oh, so fine.  He wrote on my car windows with shoe polish and I remember never wanting to wash my car.   I think we ended well. I remember having to go to summer school and seeing him there – he had his new girlfriend who would eventually become his wife.  I even went to the celebration of their one year anniversary in a bar in Midland.  They are still married, which is such a nice thing to see!  They didn’t give up one each other like so many of us, self included, do.  We spoke of liking each other back then – but of insecurities and uncertainties and. how that was a factor in many ways.  This was in a time with  no Instagram or Facebook -where kids are inundated with so many subtle “you’ll never good enoughs.” Oh, those high school loves…

 
Pictures and videos: The Boy and I with the dogs - no that's not a leash, it's Annie's tail.  My beautifully Wicked Tree; Golden Tea with fresh turmeric and ginger; Lightening clouds; The Mother Hips, "Wicked Tree" after "Singing Seems to Ease Me", April 27, 2007 at Liquid Joe's in SLC, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment