Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30, 2016



I’d forgotten all plugs and chargers for phone/computer and the alarm clock in the room was set an hour ahead of time, plus I remember my last Diamond stay and the alarm going off in the middle of the night, so I left it alone and set my phone for 8:30…

…and woke up at 8:00 (of course).  I was in a rush to get going until I saw the coffee machine and then I slowed down enough to enjoy a delicious cup.  This is one thing I enjoy about the Diamond Hotel – delicious coffees, great Aveda hair products and it’s in the middle of downtown Chico. I enjoyed a lovely breakfast, overheard a lady ordering her breakfast “No this, she doesn’t do this, do they have this, exchange this for that” – it was funny as she was fake hair color, fake nails, fake tan.  After breakfast I headed to Melody Records and bought two Traffic albums, American Beauty by the Dead and Mother Hips, Pacific Dust. Then off to the beautiful Chico farmer’s market where I hung out with Kristi at her booth for a while.  Life is a Bitch sometimes, unfair - then it spits all over you, repeatedly.  

I needed to head home and get the puppies picked up by 2. During the drive home I noticed some really interesting cloud formations, which makes me realize that I have an “issue” at this point in my life.  I hope it passes fairly quickly.   I thought a nice hike would do me some good, even though I did plenty of mis-directed hiking last night in Chico.  I really like that town and have considered moving there a few times.  I think the sense of community would suit me well.   On the hike, I pondered, as I was looking for “a” song which has had a tremendous impact on my life.  This is a tough thing for me as I have so many genres I enjoy, but I finally found my Soul Song – “Burn Slow” by CRB.  During much of my life, I keep using music to try to find the answers, but I wonder if I am even asking the right question.

Home with the dogs.  I was turn between 3 things- the Ian Moore show, buying some records, or going to visit a psychic.  I’ve never seen psychic before – today on the phone my mom told me she visited a psychic because of her dog.  Now my mom is an avowed realist, and such news almost caused me to fall out of my chair, but I am open to much and do believe some people are in touch with their psychic abilities. Other people haven’t even made it far enough to pull their head out of their ass, but I’m posting videos instead of making political commentary, so I’ll let that one go.  I have many questions about Europe, about me, about a Him…but instead, I showered and went to grab some sushi.




A fire in the wood burning stove, my Mother Hips record and then some tv.  My weekend is rolling to an end.  I can’t wait to get into my bed.  

Pictures: Chico view from my room, 408;  My bill, Clouds in various states of arousal, Cronan Ranch, Heading home from Chico.

No comments:

Post a Comment