Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 29, 2016



I was leaving half an hour early for work, so naturally my body woke up at 4:50. It’s great having a conscious and considerate body.

Work was amazing, as always.  I’ll miss working at juvenile hall when my time here is over.  I was finished at 1:30 and drove home in the rain and… HALLELUJAH!!  I GOT THE PAPERWORK AND WILL BE GETTING MY INTERN NUMBERS ON MONDAY!! I my puppies were happy to see me, even happier when I loaded them up in the car to head to a kennel.  I wonder if they really enjoy it there – Headed towards Chico when my ex-husband called.  Our son had told him this morning that someone whom he considered to be his best friend hadn’t invited him to his birthday party this weekend.  Last weekend, as we were hiking, he had told me how of the three friends he considers to be his closest friends, he could see the other two drifting away, but not this one.  Makes me sad….

My ex, not knowing much (if anything) about the Mother Hips,  heard I was going to a house party and told me to be careful and stay on alert and on guard.  That made me giggle.  Yes, there would be kegs here, but not exactly in the way I'm sure he was imagining. GPS naturally took me on another scenic route, but of course, I was still the first one there.  This made me grateful to have been semi-misguided, because heaven forbid I was there 15 minutes earlier...  It was also here, at  this gorgeous home overlooking Chico, filled with many people I do not know, that I remembered (once again, too late) that I get social anxiety when I am at such an  event.  My bouncy, exuberant self goes into hiding.


 The handful of people I knew soon showed up and I met a few others.  The show was stunning – with only acoustic guitars, Tim and Greg’s voices were highlighted unlike at Hips shows.  After it was over, I thanked the hosts and left, heading to my hotel in Chico.  It was so early (just after 9) and I felt guilty for leaving so early, but an adventure downtown would solve that.

I checked into my hotel and then walked Chico streets.  I intended to get something from a nearby Mexican place, yet consistently kept walking in the opposite direction.  So many kids at frat parties and bars… it makes me wonder if I want to send my kids to college, after all.



Pictures: Directions to the party; my form B from school; Tim and Greg at work; on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment