Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 21, 2016



It was a horrible dream…I was being chased by someone I had once loved and I didn’t want to go back, but I couldn’t seem to say no.  It’s difficult when you don’t want to hurt feelings, yet a boundary very clearly needs to be set.  Fortunately I woke up before anything happened.

I spoke to my old high school friend today – I needed a pep talk and he is the one I get them from.  The premise was these thirty pounds that don’t want to go anywhere, but to me it went much deeper because my issues are so intertwined.  Yes, it may be about getting motivated and/or having to white-knuckle it until results are seen on my body, yet it is also about me and what I am doing in every other part of my life.  Life isn’t a project, Tim, you are so right and there is more than one mountain to climb.  I guess, in essence, Life is a hike.

Boy was so excited about his projects he was in the garage much of the morning.  He mentioned wanting to make it a “cave” but this is Lizzie’s room (she’s ready, btw!).  Before getting started on all these projects, we had a few trips to make thrift store(s), office store, Home Depot.  It was good hanging out with just him, just as I love hanging out with just Maggie (we have tickets to see The Brothers Comatose for their album release in San Francisco!).  When we got home, Ethan got busy with his project and it wasn’t long until he had made a knife out of lead he had melted.  This is the knife he had designed Friday night and now here it was.  I was very impressed.  While he worked, I started unpacking some things which were still boxed up.

After we ate dinner (Coq au Vin from the pressure cooker – this thing is amazing), it was time to watch “Bully”, the movie I borrowed from juvenile hall.  I watched it with the kids (tear-free – the kids were very proud of me) and afterwards I told them my story about being bullied in junior high (tears fell hard here).  I think this is a movie every parent should watch with their kids.

 I work tomorrow since I have a workshop all day Tuesday; gotta make up the sessions with my Tuesday kids. I’m looking forward to the weekend – Hips shows Friday and Saturday nights.  It’ll be nice to see my Hips family again, although this time, I’m going in with different expectations.

Pictures: Ethan's project during and after; Cameraman "Three, two, one..and you're on!"; This is why I never have pretty "girl hands"; Such a gorgeous moonrise

No comments:

Post a Comment