Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016



This morning was a lovely walk into the past with Kenny Rogers.  Someone on FB asked who my first star crush was and I had answered ABC news’ Peter Jennings, but that’s wrong – I didn’t have a crush on him until I was about 7.  Kenny Rogers, however, an occasional visitor to Hee-Haw (his wife was in it) was my first crush – after the way Lucille treated him, can you see why?

My Tuesday was on a Monday today, because I have training all day tomorrow, and it became it clear to me why I don’t do this on todays…yikes.  Fortunately I got everything done and down and headed home where I was being picked up.

J-Ber meet me on the corner and graciously brought me to German Auto Werks where my baby waited for me.  A lot was done to her and while she sounded good, before she sang to me this afternoon.  The dash lights work, she has a hot button, new battery, casing, gas gauge works, and all sorts of other things.  Drew sold me some new headlights (he has faith I can install them myself).  I have some credit at cip1, a VW shop, and will soon buy new taillight assemblies.  

Picked up my kiddos after study hall and we headed home in our beautiful Lizzie….There are some thing that need to be done, I’d like to get the driver seat fixed, maybe a few other things on the interior.  Since we are here, I might as well pretty her up.
 
Ethan did me a solid and did my headlights on the Mazda (for some money).  I cooked dinner and we ate said-dinner…wish I had something semi-brilliant to write...Lord knows hundreds of thoughts go through my head every day.  So tired lately, though, so tired.  

Pictures: Trying to explain the 80s to kid born after 2000; Lizzie rides again.

No comments:

Post a Comment