Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23, 2016



Yoga – Day Two...again.  I am a quitter, but fortunately I’m also a re-starter.  The day started with some AC/DC, thanks to Corby, and any day starting with AC/DC has promise. 

Dropped the kids at school and headed off to training…only as soon as I got on the freeway, I started thinking about protein, which led to the eggs I had boiled, which led to “did I even shut the stove off?”  which led me to start to obsess a little.  I called the school so I could check with Maggie (she’s my reminder-er) and headed on to training.

It is interesting how certain people from a certain group I used to attend have all been reappearing in my life again.  One lives 4 houses away.  That is a pretty interesting coincidence, but I shan’t go into detail.  Today, there were a couple of other from this group at training – one of them was in my past for almost 2 years in a different way, but gain…this is something I don’t want to go into detail about.  Sometimes it’s just better to leave things unsaid.  During our break, I called the school again - since I'd never heard from Maggie and she didn't even realize I had been boiling eggs, so during lunch, I raced home to check the stove.  No firetrucks, no firemen (sad face), and no exploded eggs.

The good thing I learned at training was that I shall probably be able to stay at juvenile hall until May, which is absolutely wonderful.  After the training (where I was given a card by the head of a big thing up in Tahoe and in return I gave him my business card – first hand-off!), I headed off to grab the kids.  Ethan was checking out boys’ volleyball so as I waited, I thought about purchasing a home.  Since we’ll be here a while, I’m wondering.  Would it be a good idea?  I have a little to put money down and pay for while I’m here – then I could rent it out.  I’m not sure – gonna talk it over with some folks who know better than I…I just hate throwing away money for rent.


The Instant Pot is the second best investment (after the Soda Stream).  Tonight, I made stacked chicken enchiladas with a chile verde sauce and the kids loved it.  Made reservations for the pups this weekend, I’m looking forward to my Mother Hips adventure in Santa Cruz/Sebastopol.  My first weekend as an actual groupie.  

Pictures: This morning's Wicked Tree; No flame!  Yet another day of success in not burning down the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment