Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 26, 2016



6:07 – I can sleep as late as I desire and this is when I awoke- bright-eyed and bushy-tailed…at 6:07.  So I did yoga – day Five, and I stretched and stretched.  It was time to pack up, but since I am planning on driving home tomorrow evening from Sebastopol, I only need to pack for one day. 

 
I can tell you that driving to drop the dogs off, it became very evident that I really need to handle my PTSD symptoms which have remerged.  As I drove over a slight hill – an every-day occurrence in my part of the planet – I saw a car driving towards me.  Suddenly, it was driving AT me and I screamed as fear assaulted my chest and heart.  So many things in the fraction of a second:  My breathing and heart rate increased as a I felt pressure in my chest area, and I witnessed what was about to happen.  It didn’t of course…the car rambled on in its own way, I headed in my direction with the dogs, but that moment…that near-death occurrence.  I hate this.  It took forever to get the dogs checked into to the boarding facility – as it does every time.  Goddammit, people… push “save” on the information you got the first 5 times.
 
I headed off into the wild, blue afternoon.  It wasn’t long before I arrived at my hostess’s place and what a lovely place it was.  We headed off to go bra-shopping for me.  I am really not trying to make this such an issue, but the one I purchased from Soma is quite uncomfortable right now.  It does seem so silly, but I feel as if I am being compressed from all sides.  We found Macy’s and in we went – I found 2 for the same price as the one from Soma.  We headed towards Santa Cruz then and came upon a beach scene – with surfers…  oh my god.  Surfers.  I need to get to the beach more.  I remember being about 13 and being so sad the I was in Midland, Texas –so damn far away from the ocean.  I wanted to surf.  We headed to the downtown section then and ambled about – seeing all sorts of interesting things…getting a thing or two for my boy, who will soon be 14.  

We were to meet a few people at a taqueria not  too far away from Moe’s – excellent food and such incredible musical stories from Dennis Cook – who used to write for Jam Base along with many other musical entities.  The stories and musical knowledge this many is brimming with.  My god – to share his brain for a bit each day…I might actually do something with writing.

At 8:30ish we were at Moe’s Alley – the same place I had come to years ago for my first solo Hips show. I was here to see the Hips, of course – OF COURSE!  Yet I was also here for a different purpose – a primary purpose of support and being there in case of temptation for someone.  Not drinking at a show is, for me, the norm for quite some time, but for some of us, that magical elixir is a lifeline to life.  I’m grateful I am off the juice.  By the third song, my back was in so much pain that I was not sure how I was going to stand here – front row/Greg side for the whole show.  Looking back, I still don’t know.  I do know that I heard from two very reliable sources that Tim was in so much pain, yet he sat there, in a very uncomfortable chair  with a  smile on his face, and goddammit, if this man can be going what he’s going through and smile, then I will stand there with a paralyzed back and shoot some videos for his fans. 

Pics n' Vid: SC scenes, "White Falcon Fuzz" and Mr. Scott Thunes

No comments:

Post a Comment