Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

The clock read 4:07...I just don't know how to stay asleep anymore - I am up and wired, then too awake at night to go to bed early.  This mind of mine just keeps on racing, spinning.  I love being physically exhausted, but there isn't much of that happening anymore.

My Maggie was sick this wrong - and this is rare.  Sore throat.  I let her sleep, dropped off boy, picked up dogs, showed lady at kennel my Hips poster that Jason got me because everytime I leave the dogs at the kennel  it's to go see the Hips, so I thought an intro was pertinent. 

Back at home,  I waited for rodent guy and sink-leak-fixer guy.  Yes we have rodents (duh) yes, it is mice (garage) and rats (inside walls).  Of course.  Jimminy crickets, can't I attract anything else in homes?  Also the French door screen will be repaired or replaced next week so we can leave the door open and no flies will enter the house.  This is kind of a shame because it gives Mabi something to herd, yet the incessant barking when the fly is on the ceiling is maddening....  Before my EMDR appointment, I headed to purchase some waterproof pants/shoes for me/Ethan but that was unsuccessful.  A dollar late and a day short...or something like that.

At EMDR so many more things came to light.  In my accident, I experienced a broken rib, collapsed lung, cracked collar bone - which explains why I feel chest pressure whenever I'm "triggered" as of late during driving.  Several other things but no EMDR.  There are too many unknowns and so a neuropsychological battery has been suggested and I just happen to know a psychologist who does just such assessments.  I will ask and see if I can be pointed in the right direction.  The reasoning behind this is to determine the basis of my triggers because unraveling the accident itself, which is buried deep, deep, deep in my subconsciousness, probably wouldn't be the grandest of ideas - especially since I enjoy road trips and am here now, it seems, where Zurich's wonderful transit is not available.  Besides, I just added the VW onto my FasTrak account.

 
Off to look for the boots and pants, but again, nothing.  Soon, I headed to my hairstylist who did an amazing job...and then:  I saw the new "owner" of the place - Etyhan's old pediatrician who had lost his first wife about 5 years ago and now (I realized) he had lost his second wife in a tragic car accident in October.  Oh my - who am I to complain about ANYTHING???
 
Pictures: This mornings Wicket Tree - my eyes are very sensitive, something is wrong because they hurt.  Again.  No more community medical drs - I need to see an ophthalmologist; Cenotes SCUBA; My new lunch box; a terrific pen at EMDR

No comments:

Post a Comment