Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 2, 2016



Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 4:17.  I figured, what the hell, I have to get up at 5:16, anyway.  I managed to shower while the coffee brewed, read and coffee’d, then I did my yoga.  Kids were up at their suggested times and we were out the door at 7 – no problem.

Met me crew at the corner of the highway off-ramp and we headed into Sacramento for a Nurtured Heart training by Howard Glasser, himself.  The training was wonderful – and my parenting style seems to match much of this, as much of this has been intuitively applied to my own kids – not to say there haven’t been troubles... I have my own intense child.
 
Lunchtime came and we headed off to eat– though two of us, me being one of the us, brought our lunch.  This being a primarily-women-oriented training, Olive Garden (which I’ve only been to once, btw, with no plans of returning) was full, so…we jay-walked (!!) across the busy street to Hooters.  I had no issue with going there – I used to go when I lived in Dallas, but I tend to straddle the line of “if men are so easily stimulated, have at it” to “Seriously??  This patriarchal society is objectifying women like this? Do the founders not have mothers/sisters/daughters?

The training ended…back to our hills and I picked up my kids.  Since it was so late, we headed to dinner where I enjoyed some Serbian food – and then, after a fruitless search for rain boots which we’ll need for Yosemite, we headed to the grocery store.  Bad news: Cranberries are no longer seasonal – they are now sold frozen.  I’m fucked.



Linkin Park sang us home – I used to play it for the kids on their way to pre-school; I did an intro to Wake every morning - it brings back wonderful memories for all of us.  These kids – awesome and amazing.  Can’t wait to spend a rainy weekend in Yosemite.

 Pictures:  Waitin' for my ride; I may have downloaded AtBat and seen the Giants first win of 2016; flowers at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment