Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 5, 2016



A cold night – we were all too warm and agreed to shut off the heater, yet this meant better sleep.  I was up at 6:47 – no wi-fi, so I read my book on the brain and trauma.  This interests me so deeply.  

The kids finally woke up when I woke them up.   
We are in Yosemite – can’t waste a minute.  There was a bit of blue sky, but it quickly disappeared.  We headed to the breakfast area, though Ethan and I had already eaten.  Then we got on the shuttle.  Eventually we found our way to Mirror Lake and decided to hike.

The two mile hike easily became almost 6 miles when we went off the trail – yet here is the conflict:  Ethan is up far ahead and Maggie is far behind.  There isn’t much agreement with hiking.  Mags isn’t a fan

Eventually the kids are in the room, exhausted, so I went out on my own and managed a few more miles– clambered up to the waterfalls, which isn’t too far away but was a nice climb.  Later we played Farkel and then the bass started pumping.  I eventually went outside – it was in the employee cabins and I became that woman who complains.  This is HSMF stuff, not a Yosemite state-of-mind.

The music  never stopped.  We went to the lodge for dinner – soup and salad and then came back for more card games and Farkel.  By 9:50, we were all tired and turned in.  Our fancy Yosemite weekend is just about over.


Pictures: Mirror Lake and The Boy; Mags and me; Wicked Trees;  Falls hike; Joker and 2 young queens

No comments:

Post a Comment