Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6, 2016



Awoke early again, so I started my coffee and read my book until it was time to start packing up and hopefully nudging the kids awake with the noise, but they seem to be fairly deep sleepers, so voice – action was called for.  

There was blue sky peeking through the clouds; it had rained so hard last night that I awoke several times. I turned in my key – apologized for being “that lady” and off we headed.  Within moments we were caught in some pretty fierce snow, yet the views…my goodness.  Yes, an everyday thing in Europe, but pretty rare here.

The drive home was magnificent: there is something about those road-trip conversations with these kids.  How am I so lucky to have such inspiring children?  I told them later that I was sad not  to be living two hundred years ago when they would stay in my village…I would love to spend my life with these kids.  We found our way to a lovely restaurant in Murphy's after a lot of circles - enjoyed downpours fo rain and had a lovely time together.

We dropped off the Yosemite magnet to Deb’s Frosty lady (I’ll drop Brent’s off on Tuesday when I’m in the area), the I paid my rent check (!!!  I completely forgot – I also included a note asking how much I owe for late fee), did some shopping and went home.  In minutes the car was unpacked and I was prepping for my Hipnic chili.  I also bought a print of Tim Bluhm from Ric Rudgers, which makes me really happy.

3 hours later Ethan and I enjoyed the best, most absolutely delicious chili while we watched Supernatural.  And another weekend draws to a close….

 Pictures: One of our 4 visitors; the morning sky; the late morning snow; break.

No comments:

Post a Comment